Using almost all the colours that Autentico Vintage offers, the lime paint is very special.
Lime paint needs a mineral subsurface for full functionality. Though on existing mineral surfaces like unpainted plaster, bricks and concrete, lime paint can be applied without the need to prime.
If you are in doubt, do apply a primer coat first. Autentico Vintage white is ideal for the job.
On furniture always apply a primer coat first.
On walls, Autentico Venice needs to be applied with a long haired wide lime brush. This helps to achieve the typical lime paint finish.
On furniture you should use a normal, but long haired brush.
Autentico Venice can be finished with Autentico special sealer to make it water repellent, or with clear wax/lime wax to achieve the most beautiful results.
Authentico have written an information sheet : “application made simple” that can be downloaded here. This sheet tells you about the origin of lime paint and several methods of application.
Facts about Autentico Venice
- can be used on walls and furniture
- primer coat needed on non-mineral surfaces and furniture
- water based and VOC-free, no harmful additives
- can be used as it is or diluted with water
- no need to mix paint without ever achieving the colour you want….
- stunning colour palette with more than 130 deep and rich colours (almost the same range as Autentico Vintage)
- available in 1L and 2.5 L
- Lime paint is alkali, so always wear gloves and goggles
Please read the Application Fact Sheet here…